Someone in Zoo Likes it Cold
Not all animals in the zoo dislike the unusually cold weather of these days. Some of them don’t mind in the least.
It is obvious that polar bears are in their element, he freezing cold, around minus 20 degrees, is really like a breath from heaven for them.
Apart from the bears, you can see some other animals in the snow in the Zoo, such as elephants, penguins. A regular exercise period takes place by the bear’s enclosure at 1.30 pm every day.
The animals know when the frost is dangerous for them and so you can be sure that if you catch a glimpse of a zebra in the snow, it will retreat into the safety of the pavilion very soon. Just to be on safe side, the zoo keepers close the doors for the night to prevent cold air from coming in. Visitors can get warm in one of the nine heated pavilions.
More articles in ... News
- Support The Wandering Bus
- Edwards's Fig Parrot hatched
- The 75th giraffe in the history of Prague Zoo
- Prague gorilla family is famous
- Elephants and Hippos Are New Zoo Attractions
- Zoo Opens Elephant House!
- Name the First of Prague Zoo’s Baby Elephants
- Elephant Facility Occupied and Complete
- New offspring was named NURU
- Spring Awakening in Prague Zoo Desert
- Our First Baby Elephant!
- New Orang-utan Baby Born
- Famous Gorilla Moja Celebrates Birthday
- Excitement in the Zoo Continues
- Prague Gives Pelican to Queen of UK
- Demanding Tunnel Builder Is the Zoo’s Pride and Joy
- A New Little Tapir Addition to the World
- Kamba Now an Expectant Mum
- Turtles from Kitchen Have Off-springs
- Komodo Dragons Got Born