Our First Baby Elephant!
After eighty years of its existence, Prague zoo has finally welcomed its first baby elephant, despite the fact that elephant breeding has had a long tradition in Prague.
Unfortunately, the public cannot see the calf yet. As the Director of the Zoo Miroslav Bobek said, visitors are likely to see it for the first time on 30th March, when the Elephant House will be opened.
The calf was born to Donna who had come to Prague from Rotterdam. The baby with its mother and its older sister Tonya live in the new Elephant House near the African World.
Donna came thanks to the new elephant house
Donna with little Tonya came to Prague last May. The twenty-five year old Donna was already pregnant at that time. She could move to Prague only thanks to the new comfortable elephant house, which meets all the requirements for the breeding of big animals. At the time of the opening of the new Elephant House for the public, Tamara and Janita will also make their appearance.
11. February 2013
More articles in ... News
- Support The Wandering Bus
- Edwards's Fig Parrot hatched
- The 75th giraffe in the history of Prague Zoo
- Prague gorilla family is famous
- Elephants and Hippos Are New Zoo Attractions
- Zoo Opens Elephant House!
- Name the First of Prague Zoo’s Baby Elephants
- Elephant Facility Occupied and Complete
- New offspring was named NURU
- Spring Awakening in Prague Zoo Desert
- New Orang-utan Baby Born
- Famous Gorilla Moja Celebrates Birthday
- Excitement in the Zoo Continues
- Prague Gives Pelican to Queen of UK
- Demanding Tunnel Builder Is the Zoo’s Pride and Joy
- A New Little Tapir Addition to the World
- Kamba Now an Expectant Mum
- Turtles from Kitchen Have Off-springs
- Komodo Dragons Got Born
- Grief in Zoo – Tatu Died