Moja - Farewell
The day of Moja’s departure from the zoo is kept secret. One thing is sure, though. You can still come to say your farewell this week.
Also Lucie Bílá, who lent Moja her voice on a CD with stories, said her farewell along with hundreds of other people. This week, the zoo also sells special souvenirs.
Moja got her passport
The most famous Czech gorilla officially said goodbye to her home on Sunday 2nd October. Lucie Bílá, who lent Moja her voice on CDs with gorilla stories (Moja a Páv and Moja, Tatu a Tiplíci), and the director of Prague Zoo, Miroslav Bobek gave Moja her passport and Lucie Bílá then said: “It is a pity that Moja is leaving Prague Zoo. On the other hand, I know she is going to live with her man so I wish her big love that moves mountains.”
Moja will fly
“We found out that Moja will fly to Spain under very advantageous conditions. However, we decided not to publish the exact date of her departure, as we are afraid of excessive interest of the media and the public, which might complicate the smooth running of the transport,” announced Miroslav Bobek.
Write her a letter
Prague Zoo recommends that people come to see Moja in the week from 3rd to 9th October. Visitors will, however, have the chance to see her at least for a part of the following week.
From the beginning of September, visitors to the zoo have had the opportunity to write a goodbye letter to Moja. So far, over 180 metres of paper have been used for that purpose!
On this special occasion, Prague Zoo sells special lenticular postcards with Moja today and Moja as a baby, large wall calendar with pictures of Moja taken in the course of the last six years and a symbolical white handkerchief with embroidered Moja.
You will help others
A part of the proceeds from the selected products will go to the account “Pomáháme jim přežít” (We Are Helping Them to Survive), which the zoo uses to finance projects focusing on protection of endangered species. For instance, at present, books with stories about gorillas are being distributed in Central Africa. They help local children to create a bond with gorillas and to protect them.
More articles in ... News
- Support The Wandering Bus
- Edwards's Fig Parrot hatched
- The 75th giraffe in the history of Prague Zoo
- Prague gorilla family is famous
- Elephants and Hippos Are New Zoo Attractions
- Zoo Opens Elephant House!
- Name the First of Prague Zoo’s Baby Elephants
- Elephant Facility Occupied and Complete
- New offspring was named NURU
- Spring Awakening in Prague Zoo Desert
- Our First Baby Elephant!
- New Orang-utan Baby Born
- Famous Gorilla Moja Celebrates Birthday
- Excitement in the Zoo Continues
- Prague Gives Pelican to Queen of UK
- Demanding Tunnel Builder Is the Zoo’s Pride and Joy
- A New Little Tapir Addition to the World
- Kamba Now an Expectant Mum
- Turtles from Kitchen Have Off-springs
- Komodo Dragons Got Born